Saturday 11 January 2014

Beauty haul/review

Hiya! Finally I am back, after a break, I am so happy that I now have the time to blog. Now that I have my own laptop, it makes it so much easier to write without my family constantly checking if the computer is free. Today, I felt like a big haul/review post, as I have bought some new things, repurchased a few, and tried some Christmas gifts out. Not everything here was bought by me, but most of them were. I've also accumulated quite a few nail varnishes, but I might do a separate post on them.  I'm going to break this post down into sections, as there is quite a lot...



Skincare-
 
I ran out of face wash and moisturiser about 2 weeks ago, and switched up my routine and began to use these. The Nivea refreshing facial was gel, leaves my skin so fresh and clean feeling, which I love. Its made for normal/combination skin, which I have. It doesn't break my skin out, or leave a gel-like residue like other brands I have tried. The best thing of all was I picked it up for £1.50, as it was half price.  The Olay complete care moisturiser for normal/oily skin, is lightweight and sinks in fast. I use this stuff twice a day, in the morning and a night. I has spf 15, which is perfect for the winter time, but I usually get a moisturiser with a higher spf for summer, as I have very pale skin. Olay do this in a few different formulas for different skin types, from dry to sensitive to one with a subtle tint! The smell is classic and very pleasant. The best deal of this whole haul was the pore strips. My local superdrug has a clearance section, where from time to time you can pick up some great bargains. I found this box, unopened and undamaged for 80p, yes 80p!! I bought 3 boxes and between us me and 3 friends cleared the shelf. I felt like I was on extreme couponing... Since they retail for around £8, I was delighted. Before I use a strip, I steam my face for 5 minutes then apply one of these strips right way, I don't even dry my face, as I find this method is the best for ripping out blackheads and other nasties! Then I slowly peal off the strip, which is a bit painful, but the results are worth it!


Hair care-
I am a dry shampoo addict, hands down. I use it practically every other day, to keep my hair looking grease-free and volumised. Normally I go for the batiste tropical one, but I wanted to try something new, and went for this. It adds volume, but no more than a regular dry shampoo, and the scent is a typical shampoo product. Its not bad, but I prefer my batiste tropical one! I bought this aussie deep conditioner today, so I've not used it yet, but I have used other aussie deep conditioners in the past. I am never disappointed by aussie, so I am excited to use this. The smell is that amazing fruity affair that fills the hair care isle at boots and Superdrug's up and down the country!


Fragrance-

 I didn't buy either of these, as they were Christmas gifts. However, I am in love with both of these! The Elizabeth Arden green tea and cherry blossom is very fresh, floraly and citrusy. When you first apply it, its very citrusy, which is ok but not my favourite. When you leave it to settle for a few minutes, it smells like flowers and lemons, which is a beautiful smell. Its something I see myself wearing throughout the spring/summer time. Its not sweet, but more fresh and clean smelling, which I love! The other fragrance is the body shops white musk Smokey rose. This one is more for the evening, as its quite powerful, however I wear it in the day as its wonderful. I reminds me of one of my favourite perfumes, which is Alien by thierry mugler. Its rose smelling, however its dark and strong at the same time!


Make-up-
First of all, I'm a huge sucker for pretty makeup! I love all the colours and packaging! Anyway, The collection concealer is the best one I've tried. It hides under-eye circles and spots perfectly, it lasts all day, and is the perfect colour match for me. I've given up trying to find an affordable foundation, as they are all too dark, and I just use this and a dust of powder! It is something I'm going to repurchase and repurchase. The Maybelline baby skin is a primer, which helps smooth pores leaving you with perfect skin. Its silicone based, which I know some people don't like, but it works for me. I apply this on my nose and around the areas of spots. It 'fills' in any pores, and makes my skin feel amazing! Its also non pore blocking. After reading a billion blog posts, I caved in and bought a Maybelline colour tattoo. I have the shade pink gold, and its lovely. I wear it everyday, and it leaves you with a champagne lid with a hint of shimmery pink. Usually I would never go for pink shades for the eyes, but somehow this really works. It doesn't crease and stays on all day. While circling boots, I found that no7 had a sale on. No7 is normally out of my price range, but this lip crayon was only £2!! Its a lovely coral shade, with a hint of soft gold glitter. My only problem with it, is its a bit sticky at first, but once it skins in, its ok.

 
Candles-
 
For Christmas, my gran bought me an electric tart warmer, and a selection of yummy candle scents to go with it. She bought me sparkling cinnamon, and another Christmas cookie, but I've already used them! My favourite is the lemon lavender, its so fresh and definitely not old grannyish. I'm not too keen on the cookie one, as its very sweet. My favourite scents are more spicy and floral, but its ok. If you want to have a lovely collection of candles, but find them too expensive or get bored with scents easily, wax tarts are brilliant. They are only £1.25 and are very powerful scent wise. You wouldn't think you could scent a whole room, with a tiny bit of wax, but they are amazing! Yes, you do have to buy a burner, but on amazon they are only around £5 for a proper yankee candle one. With the medium jars from yankee candle being around £15-£20, its a huge saving! 
 
I am trying to blog more now, but with GCSE'S it can be tough. I love my blog, and I really want to get back into blogging!
 
 
Issy x

No comments:

Post a Comment