Sunday 9 March 2014

Sprinkles,sunshine and shopping

Hiya! I know I said I'd try and post a little more, however I have been super busy with school work, going on days out and visiting family. Anyway, yesterday me and a few friends popped on a train to our localish big shopping centre. We needed to buy a friends birthday present and just felt like a good day shopping!

Somehow, I managed to drag myself out of my bed before 10am, in order to get ready and do a bit of homework before leaving! I made myself porridge topped with honey and sprinkled a handful of sultans over it, this is one of my favourite breakfasts, as its filling and tastes amazing. I decided to pant my nails in my favourite nail varnish of last spring/summer, which is a Barry M gelly paint in the shade papaya. I added some sparkles and did one nail in a M&S polish in the shade mint.


I really felt like using my MUA heaven and earth palette when doing my make-up, and came up with a natural, soft brown look. I really enjoy the quality of this palette and the price as its only £4! I also used my regular make up products! I never wear foundation, but my auntie gave me a set of mac brushes, and I wanted to try the mac 190 foundation brush. Its perfect for a good, natural looking base. I curled my hair using a Remington pearl wand, which creates big fluffy waves. Once my hair was curled, I lightly set them with hairspray, and used my tangle teezer to gently brush them out. 



After I'd completed my make-up, I decided what to wear. It was lovely and sunny outside, and I really wanted to wear this new top. As it was only around 14 degrees C, I layered a warm, knitted cardi over it, added my mid-wash joni jeans and put on my grey converse.


I found my old Cath Kidson handbag, and I'd forgotten I had this pretty gem! It fits a lot in, even though it looks small, which is a bonus. 


I managed to get to the station in time to buy a ticket and hop onto the correct train, which is a miracle, as train stations confuse me so much! The journey only took 30mins and we ended up in West Quay quickly. 


After popping into boots for a quick browse, we all decided it was time to head down to sprinkles. If you live in or close by to Southampton, visit sprinkles and try a waffle, crepe or sundae, they are so good! I had a mango, passion fruit and pistachio sundae. Each scoop looked like a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's, the sprinkles portions are huge! This is a picture of my friends, as I forgot to take a pic, before eating it...


After the ice cream break, we mooched round the shops for hours, picking up make up, the lush Easter range, a few books, DVD's and presents. We caught the train home, tired and still stuffed from sprinkles!


 It was a great day, and night as we went round a friends house for her birthday! It actually feels like spring is here at last, which means two things: Easter and my birthday! Woooooooo! Have a fantastic week! 

Issy x 

http://www.sprinklesgelato.co.uk/ 


   


No comments:

Post a Comment